Sunday 15 September 2013

Marlene & Me - A vintage trouser outfit post.

 I had the pleasure of being taken to the lovely World Service in Nottingham last weekend for a belated 21st celebration. It's got one of those awkward smart casual dress codes, wear jeans and you'll be frowned at but wear a cocktail dress and you'll be overdressed.


In the end , and I can tell you it was a rather lengthy process, I chose an outfit inspired by the ever stylish marlene Dietrich. Famous for wearing a trouser suit and looking damn good whilst doing it !
I do adore the trousers I have on here, however every time i look at these pictures it just makes me think how badly I need to take them up. Short legs. *grumblegrumble*


The trousers I'm wearing here were bought two seasons ago in Primark for about £8
The white satin blouse was stolen from the Darlings Vintage shop. You can shop for similar ones HERE
The necklace was £10 on a Spitalfields market stall. 



                                                              Shoes are New look.
The Fur Jacket (I know, I know. Naughty me) is also from the Darlings Vintage Shop. 



I wish you could see me hair better. It actually looked nice for a change.
I'm going to try and do lots more outfit post so do make sure you sign up to follow the blog. I promise you wont regret it ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment